Jim Dunlop initially worked at another company called “Barr and Stroud” in Glasgow as an engineer in processing and chemicals, as a part-time business, he then founded the Dunlop company. The very first product he invented was the Vibra-Tuner, in the latter, he decided to work at his own company full-time, for the reason that he realized he was making a profit at his own company. Ever since, many creations of effects pedal brands became known to the world, such as the MXR, Way Huge and the Cry Baby.
Signature products are sometimes used for the mere reason to keep the attention of the brand. However, other times, these products develop into an eye-catching sensation and the high price is worth it. Countless artists have joined forces with Dunlop to generate new products, like the legendary guitarist Jimi Hendrix, the Pantera guitarist Dimebag Darrell, and the legendary blues guitarist Buddy Guy. Although, the artist who will be focused on is Slash and Dunlop’s newly released SW-95 Slash Signature Cry Baby Wah Pedal.
Saul Hudson, also known for his stage name as “Slash”, is the lead guitarist of Guns N’ Roses and has been regarded in the history of rock as one of the ‘greatest guitarists’. He has more than 100 guitars that are worth over a million dollars. But not only that, for such a well-known artist as he and his band – Velvet Revolver – was nominated for 3 Grammys, where they won their first Grammy Award in 2005. The type of genre that Slash is known for is heavy metal, hard rock, and blues-rock, but the way he portrays his sounds was also one of the most recognizable hard rock sounds.
Both Gibson and Marshall have released Slash signature instrumental equipment, such as Les Paul’s Slash signature guitar and Marshall’s Slash signature amp. Now, for Jim Dunlop to introduce the SW-95 Slash Signature Crybaby Wah Pedal.
The Dunlop SW-95 Slash Signature Cry Baby Wah Pedal features a high gain distortion circuitry with the Heralded Fasel Inductor in the circuitry that grazes over and projects a lavish top-end by the lead tone. LEDs that indicate the on/off status of wah and distortion modes for the user to understand and easily jot down what mode is being used or activated. With accessible batteries on the top of the pedal will allow the user to change the batteries without the use of any tools.
• LED Indicators: These blue and red LEDs flickers to illustrate through an on/off light whether the distortion (red), the wah (blue), or both are on or off. The LED indicators have an effect on the wah that matches well with the lights on the stage so that it does not stand out during a performance.
• Effects and Durability: Through thorough technological research, a custom-made circuitry for that high-gain distortion and gain that professionals like Slash himself can use for years. Having such a firm, bullet-proof casing, you can blast your music, leaving your crowd breathless and still having a one-piece effects pedal looking like new.
• Accessible Batteries: Reachable batteries that lie dormant on the top of the pedal, to swap and regenerate the batteries, simply open the little battery cubicle. The flawless definition for both time-efficient and effortless.
• Heralded Fasel Inductor: This inductor is installed to produce a top-end sound that is both angelic midrange and expressive, which is perfect to obtain that 80s rock and metal tones or notes.
• Circuitry: A high-gain distortion makes this pedal exceptional from other pedals because the sound that is portrayed is an ear-piercing tone. Furthermore, a wah that can slice any sound that comes its way with its lead tone will leave a crowd yearning for more. Exactly what Slash’s requirements are when it comes to rocking all out with his unique distortion and a wah pedal.
• Tuning: The tuned specs are designed to prepare the wah for any tune that comes at it and diminishes the time of preparation and testing, which makes it simple to commence with rehearsal before a concert. Therefore, with a quick set up of putting it on and putting your foot on the pedal to start jamming!
• Power: Within the settings, there is 18 V of power, which gives more space for the wah to produce clearness. Not only does it save the resources of the power, but it also saves the uses of the mechanisms within the pedal, thus it is money saving. The level of power that is distributed allows the wah to balance the harmonizing of the embellishments.
• Finish: With a classy red metallic finish, it gives both an elegant and bad-ass appearance, because it is the focal point of attraction in comparison to other effects pedals and on stage, it will be that enrichment that completes a concert.
• Pedal Type: Distortion
• Input: 1 x Instrument
• Output: 1 x ¼”
• Lowpass: 270 Hz – 370 Hz
• High pass: 1.5 Hz – 1.9 Hz
• Input impedance: 1 MΩ
• Output impedance: