Native Instruments has announced Traktor Kontrol X1.
It is the first official Traktor controller for use with any DJ software. Whether you are a DVS timecode or software DJ, simply connect the Traktor Kontrol X1 to a computer running Traktor (or other performance software) and gain instant control of your decks and effect parameters. Robust rotary knobs with a heavy-duty feel and backlit buttons provide precise visual and tactile status feedback- letting you delve deep inside Traktor Kontrol X1 without having to touch your computer.
- Seamlessly adjustable LED brightness adapts to any environment from bright daylight to the darkest club
- Button off glow for reading button labels in absolute darkness.
- All buttons feature backlights in multiple colors for ease of useFX buttons: orange. Transport buttons: blue MIDI mode: green. Shift + Hotcue buttons: white.
- Bi-directional communication with Traktor using NHL (Native Hardware Library). The NHL protocol features resolution that is almot 4 times that of regular MIDI
- Calibration wizard precisely and individually defines mid-point of each knob
- The controller is pre-mapped by the makers of Traktor, with the option to freely customize any individual part. Tweak the defaults or reconfigure the mapping entirely to your preferred workflow
- Included powerful MIDI configuration software provides templates for various applications and gives access to advanced features such as encoder step size, note up/down encoder messages and more
- Fully hot-pluggable in Traktor. The X1 runs the instant you connect it to your computer with Traktor running. If the USB connection is accidentally disconnected Traktor continues to play unaffected. Simply plug the X1 back in and it’s good to go again.
The controller will be available in February 2010 for a suggested price of 229$.
More information abut the product: Native Instruments