Mutec now ships the new MC-7 a Word Clock distribution amplifier and audio clock converter.
The Mutec MC-7 converts and distributes Word Clock, AES3/11 and S/P-DIF. The outputs can be individually multiplied by x1, x2, x4 to adapt low-clock-rate-signals to modern and higher-clocked equipment. An incoming reference signal passes latest audiophil-optimized PLL circuits, to be distributed and output as Ultra low-jitter, high-quality clock signal, regardless of the condition of the reference signal. Thus, connected audio devices will benefit from the MC-7's signal regeneration abilities, which improve their sound qualities audibly.
Additionally, for live or broadcast use, a special â€˜Hold' functionality can be activated which guarantees interruption-free output signal supply in cases when the external reference is of insufficient quality or lost completely. Therefore, the MC-7 is predestined to be used as centralized clock stabilizer and distributor, where reliable signal availability is a must.
Mutec MC-7 features:
– Word Clock, AES/EBU and S/P-DIF interfaces working in one box
– Handles clock rates up to 192.0kHz/768.0kHz
– Extracts and regenerates clock signals out of digital audio signals
– AES11, Grade 1, internal reference clock (0.5ppm)
– Built-in international power supply
– Stellate Word Clock distribution
– Audiophil clock recovery and regeneration
– Interconnection of consumer and professional digital audio devices
– Line extension for e.g. theatre or broadcast installations
– Output expansion for Mutec’s iCLOCK, iCLOCKdp, iD, iDdp, MC-3, MC-3.1 and MC-3.2.
More information about the product: Mutec