Dave Smith Instruments has released an updated version of its flagship synthesizer keyboard the Poly Evolver.
The new version boasts 60 potentiometers among its complement of 78 rotary controls. An analog/digital hybrid, the four-voice Poly Evolver features four oscillators per voice – two analog and two digital – in a unique stereo voice architecture with a real Curtis analog low-pass filter per channel. The digital processing does not simply add effects at the end of the signal chain, but is tightly integrated with the analog electronics for tuned feedback, distortion, bit crushing, and synced delays. It can also process external audio and has separate stereo outputs for each voice.
- 5-octave, semi-weighted keyboard action with velocity and aftertouch.
- Spring-loaded pitch wheel and assignable mod wheel.
- 512 fully editable Programs (4 banks of 128) and 384 Combos (3 banks of 128).
- Numeric keypad for direct access of Programs and Combos.
- Oscillators per voice: 2 digitally controlled analog oscillators (DCOs) with selectable sawtooth, triangle, saw/triangle mix, and pulse waves (with pulse-width modulation), and hard sync; 2 digital wavetable oscillators with Prophet VS waves and wave sequencing capability, FM and ring modulation.
- White noise generator.
- 2 Low-pass filters per voice: 1 analog Curtis filter per channel, selectable 2- and 4-pole operation (self-resonating in 4-pole mode).
- 3 Envelope Generators per voice: filter, VCA, and assignable (four-stage ADSR).
- 4 LFOs per voice.
- Glide (portamento): separate rates per oscillator.
- Analog VCAs.
- Digital high-pass filter.
- Digital delays: 3 separate, syncable, stereo delay lines per voice.
- Tuned feedback with “Grunge”: use feedback as a pitched sound source.
- Distortion and “Output Hack.”
- 16 x 4 step sequencer per voice.
- Dimensions: 14.00″ (30.73 cm) W x 38.5 ” (97.79 cm) L x 5.09″ (12.95 cm) H (2.84″ at front edge; the feet account for 0.625″ of the total height)
- Weight: ~28 lbs. (12.7 kg)
More information about the product: Dave Smith Instruments