Universal Audio announced the release of the Trident A-Range Classic Console EQ Powered Plug-In for their popular line of UAD-1 and UAD-2 DSP Accelerator Cards for Mac and PC.
The original Trident A-Range desk holds near-mythic status in the professional recording industry, and is arguably the best loved of the classic Trident console designs. The unique band interactions of its colorful EQ section have made an indelible impact on the soundof record making. During the “Golden Years” of rock, the A-Range was employed to record some truly great records by artists such as David Bowie, Lou Reed and Queen, to name just a few.
“Of all the companies that could possibly do this job, Universal Audio would do the best job,” stated Trident Audio Developments founder and A-Range designer Malcolm Toft.
Available for purchase via UA’s Online Store for $249, the Trident A-Range Classic Console EQ Powered Plug-In features include:
– 4-band active EQ modeled from one of only 13 original Trident A-Range desks
– Licensed and endorsed by Trident Audio Developments, created by Universal Audio
– Unique filter response curves modeled to exacting detail
– Inductor-based EQ design yields band interaction between bell and shelving filters
– Unique ability to combine cut filters for unusual filtering responses
– Cosmetics match the original module’s “aubergine” (eggplant) finish
“Universal Audio has always had a huge respect for the classic Trident designs. We’re very pleased to add Trident to the UAD product line, and I’m certain that our more than 30,000 users will agree,” commented Universal Audio President Matt Ward.
More information on the Trident A-Range EQ Powered Plug-In: Universal Audio