Tascam has announced the HS-P82 – a high-quality, 8-track field recorder for music, television and film production.
Eight high-quality microphone preamps use standard XLR inputs to record up to 96kHz/24-bit audio with timecode. Dual Compact Flash slots provide recording with backup and no moving parts for rugged reliability. A stereo mix can be recorded in addition to the 8 individual channels, for a total of 10-channel capture. The recorder is housed in an aluminum chassis with a TFT color touchscreen.
- Dual Compact Flash recording media supports backup, mirroring and seamless A/B recording*
- Long battery life through low power usage
- Easy to read and operate using pivoting TFT Color Touch Panel interface
- All-aluminum chassis is rugged yet lightweight
- 8 -track recording plus stereo mix for a total of 10-track recording
- 8-track recording at up to 96kHz/24-bit
- 4-track recording at 192kHz/24-bit
- Broadcast WAV (BWF) support with iXML metadata
- Various power options include AA batteries (x10), NP type, AC adaptor, external DC input and optional V-mount adaptor for ENDURA batteries
- Up to 5-second prerecord buffer
- Internal microphone for slate recording
- Limiter and low cut filter per track
- Auto or manual cue points
- Alert signal to headphone output
- Retake function
- Panel lockout function to prevent accidental transport switching
- 8 high-quality microphone preamps and A/D converters with independent +48V phantom power for each (standard XLR connectors)
- 8 AES/EBU inputs and outputs (DB-25 connector)
- Sampling rate converter on each AES/EBU input
- 2 balanced analog outputs (XLR connector)
The HS-P82 recorder will be available in December 2009 with an estimated street price of $4,999.
More information: Tascam